April 29, 2004
WAR: The Tin Cup Is Rattling

I've post-dated this post to April 29 so it will stay at the top of the page until then (updated as necessary), humbly asking you to donate to the Spirit of America, a charitable group supporting the efforts of U.S. troops to spread good will in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere. It's a worthy goal, and one that gives us private citizens a chance to do a little something to help out in the war for hearts and minds. See here and here for more details. I'm in with one of three coalitions of blogs competing in a drive to raise money for Spirit of America by April 29. For rewards, Michele is offering to dedicate posts and music to people who donate, and Dean Esmay is offering supporters of his coalition a post on a topic of their choice. Bah. I can do better: I promise that if you donate to Spirit of America, the Cubs and the Red Sox will win the World Series in your lifetime, or your money back. [disclaimer: refund may only be claimed after conclusion of lifetime] So there.

Give Victory a Chance! Please Donate Here. Thank you.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 3:00 AM | War 2004 | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

Dean basically ripped off my idea. I'm going farther than him, really. My offer is better.

Also, I make a challenge to Mets and Yankee fans today. Check it out.

Posted by: michele at April 22, 2004 8:00 AM

Want to know what you get for your money? I wrote a story today (in return for a donation) that involves Britney Spears, George Steinbrenner and Roger Clemens in uncompromising positions.

The things I do for charity.

Posted by: michele at April 22, 2004 10:45 PM

You might alert your readers that we're also giving away free hosting and two blogs, for the largest polled donation for the VC.

I'm still dying to see Michele in a Mets jersey.

Posted by: Matt at April 22, 2004 10:54 PM

I think that she should turn around and offer to burn her Yankees jersey for the top bidder... Although combined with the Mets offer that's a lot of suffering for one person to bear.

Posted by: Kevin at April 23, 2004 12:40 AM

[disclaimer: refund may only be claimed after conclusion of lifetime]

Thanks for the help on the football thing, crank. I'll pay you back in free legal advice:

[refund available upon presentation of affidavit of claimant swearing as to the satisfaction at the time of swearing of all relevant conditions precedent. Offer not devisable or defeasible.]

Posted by: emcee fleshy at April 28, 2004 4:27 PM

Re: Tin Cup & WAR
It's a noble gesture but only that. This "regime" should
have never gone into Iraq, and that also includes the first time with Bush Sr.
Where the hell were you "nice" people
when the (10yr) embargo on Iraq caused the death of 500,000, mostly children. If Saddam was the issue, the US
Govt. sholuld have never manufactured the SOB in the first place and then continued to enable him all those years
before Kuwait. If the govt. wanted Saddam wacked then it
should have let the Isaraeli Mossad pin=point target the
bastard. It would have been an overnight slam-dunk instead
of the monumental stumble & fumble (NOT schock & awe}
Halliburton-Cheney enrichment program we have now.
Spend your cash to vote these swine out and keep the troops out of harms way. The Spirit of America has been
sullied around the world and your flag is wrapped a little too
tight around your head. Give me a F+***#g Break !!!!

Posted by: john at May 23, 2004 10:05 PM