October 10, 2005
BASEBALL: For the Record . . .

Maybe it's just my Yankee-hatred and pessimism working together, but I was convinced, when the Angels had a 2-0 lead last night in the 6th inning, that if they didn't hold the lead, their moment, their chance to win this ALDS was gone. So I'll be very surprised if they recover tonight to take Game 5.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 12:28 PM | Baseball 2005 | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

As a Yankee fan, I hope you're right, but one could say as much regarding the Yankees' many mistakes and sloppiness in the game. I guess you could say the Angels failed to go in for the kill. To your point, you can't play like that with the Yankees in the playoffs.

Posted by: M at October 10, 2005 1:56 PM

This is true, can't give up those leads against the Yanks, but I don't think this is yesterday's yankee team...I think this is where home field comes home to roost...The mystique is one thing, but that is equalled by travel and road trip and playing in front of a hostile playoff crowd...We'll see...I wouldn't bet on this one if you gave me the money...

Posted by: AstrosFan at October 10, 2005 2:00 PM

In baseball, momentum is only as good as tomorrow's [now today's] starting pitcher. If Colon pitches great, then the Angels' inability to drive a stake through the Yankees heart yesterday will be irrelevant. At least, that's what we Yankee haters must believe.

Posted by: Al at October 10, 2005 4:27 PM

Yeah, I think I'm going to skip the game tonight. I've seen this movie before. The ending sucks.

Posted by: Allah at October 10, 2005 4:41 PM

Don't see Mussina having good games back to back. Bartolo comes up big. Having said that, he has been beat like a drum by the Yankees the last couple years.

Posted by: LargeBill at October 10, 2005 6:54 PM

Well, I hate to ruin the party, but does it really matter who wins this game, and with it the honor of falling to the White Sox? First they take care of Cleveland, then Boston, and next...the winner of tonight's game.

Posted by: MikeQ at October 10, 2005 7:24 PM