January 29, 2006
WAR: He's Watching

The funny thing about this picture of machine-gun-firing Hamas militants in Nablus is whose visage hovers over them in the upper right hand corner.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 10:27 AM | War 2006 | Comments (7) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

Great one, Crank. That's funny.

Hell, if Libya can be ruled by a Colonel for 36 years, why not the Palestinians?

Also, this way if someone calls their leader a chicken, they won't feel quite as "insulted" as usual.

Posted by: Mike at January 29, 2006 10:34 AM

Something similar. I was in Prague last summer, with my wife, and it's just a wonderful city. Beautiful, Paris without the attitude. Friendly people, gorgeous. Don't miss the following:

The beer, home of the original, and far superior Budweiser, also the bread, made with the same superb yeast. Also, the museum of Communism. It's a literate, fascinating place. Although small, we spent hours there, looking at, and reading everythign. You can't miss it. It's upstairs, above the gambling casino, next door to the McDonald's.

About Hamas, all this about "renouncing" terrorism is like Hitler renouncing hate, it doesn't mean much. Although, as my Israeli friends point out, it may be like "Only Nixon can go to China." The Palestinians have now asked Don Corleone and his band of thugs to now rule. Maybe they actually can; if not, then the consequences will be dire for the Palestinians. However, from their point of view, Arafat's decendant hoodlums were already miserable, corrupt and incompetent.

Posted by: Daryl Rosenblatt at January 29, 2006 8:21 PM

I feel a new Photoshop meme will come in the near future.

Posted by: therealjimshady4 at January 30, 2006 7:47 AM

The Colonel, a genius of a man from the Americas Old South, surrounded by gun toting fanatics. It just makes me sad.

Palestine is now Hamastine. The Hitler analogy isn't that far off.

Posted by: Mike from Queens at January 30, 2006 9:53 AM

Senator Hayakawa once described his visit to a beautiful neighborhood in Tokyo, with those meticulously maintained Japanese house, and he said that at the back of the neighborhood he could see, towering above it, the famous golden arches. And he said in his thickly accented English, "It made me proud to be an American."

Posted by: Attila (Pillage Idiot) at January 30, 2006 9:57 AM

Oh how I hate that colonel, with his wee beady eyes...

Posted by: Pooh at January 31, 2006 2:38 AM