February 6, 2006
BLOG: Irregular Content Notice

If you're wondering: my wife and I are expecting baby #3 at the end of February, give or take a few weeks (you never know). As a result:

1. I'm working like crazy right now to get everything done that needs to be done work-wise before the baby gets here; and

2. Once the baby arrives, I'll be at home for about two weeks.

The net result of both of these facts is that posting is going to be irregular around here for the next month or so. And doubly so because I've got to prepare some things for baseball season. I don't intend to let the blog go dark for long stretches, but I can't really promise regular every-morning posting for a bit.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 10:20 AM | Blog 2006-13 | Comments (17) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

Congrats on #3 Crank!!!! Best wishes to Mother, Child and the rest of the family.

Posted by: maddirishman at February 6, 2006 10:31 AM

Lots of luck on the little Crankster.

Posted by: Daryl Rosenblatt at February 6, 2006 10:44 AM

Forgot to add (now this ie experince talking), once you add the third, you have to go from a man to man, to a zone.

Posted by: Daryl Rosenblatt at February 6, 2006 10:44 AM

Yeah, my wife commented that we will soon be outvoted. To which I replied: yes, 1-4.

Posted by: The Crank at February 6, 2006 11:02 AM

Congrats! Just had my third in December. Tip #1: Teach the older ones to rock the bouncy seat gently.

Posted by: DM at February 6, 2006 11:03 AM

Best wishes to mother and child.

Good planning getting this taken care of before the season starts. :-)

Posted by: LargeBill at February 6, 2006 11:17 AM

Congratulations! To echo LargeBill, good planning. You should have plenty of time to prepare for your fantasy draft.

My wife went into labor the night of my 2004 draft (I kid you not), somewhere around Round 10. I let the computer take over two rounds later. Three rounds and I would have been divorced that night.

Turned out to be my best fantasy season ever, though. Ended up with a great baby daughter too.

Posted by: Henry Woodbury at February 6, 2006 11:36 AM

Crank, I think you have the wrong idea on voting patterns in your family. Here is the way it works, especially as they get older.

Assuming 3 kids:

Your wife has 5 votes
You have 4 (when the voting is against you.

When the kids are teenagers, they each have two votes, you are too stupid to have any, since you don't understand, but your wife's voting numbers jump to 8 votes.

And besides, your votes are whatever your wife tells you your secret ballot is marked for.

Posted by: Daryl Rosenblatt at February 6, 2006 1:18 PM

Crank-

Congrats. And my best to the Crankette, and the future Crankito (Or Crankita).

3 kids, a wife, a law firm job, and an active, heavily-visited blog. I don't see how you sleep now; the coming months? You're unbelievable!

Posted by: Mike at February 6, 2006 1:46 PM

Greenies, I bet...but they're testing now.

Posted by: seamus at February 6, 2006 1:58 PM

Thanks to all for the good wishes.

Henry - Neither I nor anyone in my fantasy leagues has ever had a baby and a good season in the same year.

Daryl - I'm thinking of the next six months. Infants outvote everyone.

Posted by: The Crank at February 6, 2006 2:26 PM

Congratulations! I'll echo Mike, I don't know how you get it all done, but I'm very impressed.

Posted by: Devin McCullen at February 6, 2006 2:32 PM

Congrats, and don't worry about the posting. Try and get some sleep.

Posted by: rbj at February 6, 2006 2:59 PM

Congratulations!

Nice to see a couple having a third child-for some reason two has become the magic number.

Posted by: John Salmon at February 6, 2006 5:53 PM

Crank, congrats. My wife and I like to pop them out 2-at-a-time, though I hope not the next time around. :)

Posted by: Jonathan at February 6, 2006 6:35 PM

Congratulations on your forthcoming delivery, BC.

I am very aware, from my own situation, that three of them does not give much opportunity for solitary moments to concentrate on your posts.

Posted by: Giacomo at February 7, 2006 9:32 AM

Congratulations on number three, Crank. Three kids...yikes. My ONE three-year-old is plenty.

My best to you and yours.

Posted by: Mr Furious at February 8, 2006 10:38 PM