February 7, 2006
WAR: Not There. Not There, Ever.

This is just the wrong place for these protestors. How obscene. Via Goldstein.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 6:39 PM | War 2006 | Comments (8) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

whatever happened to just ignoring idiot wacknuts? why do we get worked up over fringe morons? I don't see the KKK getting tons of press coverage for their wacknuttery. why bother validating these guys? Just ignore them. Just like they need to ignore cartoons they don't like that much.

Posted by: kevin at February 7, 2006 7:19 PM

Is that a real picture? I see an extra pair of legs, no? There's certainly a lot of lunacy eminating from the Muslim world regarding a cartoon of all things - much of it has been encouraged by corrupt regimes looking to solidify their power. Lets not make it worse.

Posted by: patrick at February 7, 2006 8:20 PM

Agree with both posters. I wouldn't complain if a skyscraper (or two) fell on these two jackasses, but let's not get ourselves too worked up over it.

Surely none of us wants to see an ordinance preventing assembly at Ground Zero based on creed or religion?

For my money, by the way, we as New Yorkers (and Americans) need to stop worshipping a hole in the ground and put up some damn buildings! ASAP.

Posted by: Mike at February 8, 2006 6:36 AM

It's not the moonbattery that bothers me so much as the location.

Mike, I agree - we need to get building. Not that I'd be in any rush to volunteer to go work there again. I've had enough of landmark office buildings for one lifetime.

Posted by: The Crank at February 8, 2006 9:29 AM

Yeah, I think we all have to face reality and acknowledge that whatever goes back up won't be 110 stories. If only because no one in his right mind would sign the lease for that 102nd floor office. Sheesh.

But that hideous hole, wrapped in Pataki's and Bloomberg's and Liebkind's and Silverman's red tape (not to mention the widows of the victims, with whom I sympathize, but they can't hijack a city with their grief) is a scar on our city, our country and out psyche.

We've mourned enough. Let's build!

Posted by: Mike at February 8, 2006 10:07 AM

Crank - You didn't address whether that is a real picture. I don't think it is. Not only is there an extra set of legs, the protesters seem a little too cozy and comfortable to be pulling that off in downtown Manhatten. If it is not real, I think you should take it down.

Posted by: patrick at February 8, 2006 10:50 AM

The picture is absolutely real. I walked by them last week. From the angle of the picture you can't see the counterprotesters, who outnumbered them. When I walked by (while getting lunch - I work at the World Financial Center) there was quite a few people surrounding them, giving them the abuse they deserve. There were also three cops there trying to keep everyone seperated.

Posted by: me at February 8, 2006 11:27 AM

Thanks me. It just seemed like the kind of thing I would have seen elsewhere, and I couldn't find any mention of it on the web anywhere. But if you say its true..great. I certainly can't prove otherwise.

Posted by: patrick at February 8, 2006 11:32 AM