July 10, 2006
BASEBALL: Trivia Time

Over the past year (from last July 10 to this July 9), four pitchers have won 19 or more games. Name them.

Answers here.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 5:42 PM | Baseball 2006 | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

Aside from Contreras, those are not ERAs that would garner many #1 slots if their names were "John Doe" and they were second year players. Although, Randy Johnson has gotten a lot of his wins via domination to be followed up by a horrendous shelling, which together gives his Mahler-esque ERA.

Posted by: RW at July 10, 2006 7:37 PM

BTW, here's a trivia question that is guaranteed to win a beer against your buddies ('your' being a generic term for anyone reading): who leads the majors in batting average since last year's all star game? Not Ichiro. Not Pujols. It's Victor Martinez, catcher for the Indians. Interestingly enough, Joe Mauer is third and someone thought to be completely washed up, Nomar, is second.

Posted by: RW at July 10, 2006 8:39 PM

Oh, yeah, like you knew that. :) I got 2 18s (Glavine and dare I say the other Santana) and 2 15s. (Webb and Rogers) I did better on the ESPN Baseball histroy quiz - 45 of 50.

Posted by: Devin McCullen at July 10, 2006 11:02 PM

Hmmm . . . I'm guessing Glavine, Oswalt, Santana and Willis.

Posted by: Mike at July 11, 2006 7:37 AM

Huzzah! And continuing my remarkable ability to crap out in Crank's trivia questions, I went 0-4.

Eve the Santana I guess (Johan) was wrong.

Posted by: Mike at July 11, 2006 7:39 AM

The most amazing of these to me is Kazmir, 17-8, 3.07 for the D-Rays. That is just unreal. To me you discount the guys with the 4+ ERA's. That just means their teams scored a lot of runs and they hung around long enough to get the win.

The only one I got was Contreras.

Posted by: maddirishman at July 11, 2006 9:46 AM