August 15, 2006
BASEBALL: A Little Decency, Please

Or at least a little less indecency. Now that my 9-year-old son reads the sports pages regularly, I'd really rather not have daily articles about Paul Lo Duca's sex life, thank you.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 10:10 PM | Baseball 2006 | Comments (8) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

I think it's always worth remembering that "baseball character" and "personal character" are entirely unrelated things. Like Pete Rose, Lo Duca is someone you want in your baseball foxhole. Neither is someone you'd want to see marry your sister.

Posted by: Jerry at August 15, 2006 10:31 PM

But Crank, don't you know people are fascinated by this stuff? Well I assume they are anyway. I'm not.

Posted by: Ted at August 15, 2006 11:21 PM

Ugghhh.

Who cares, who needs to see this crap? And I agree, Crank, this belongs on page 6 (or Penthouse Forum), not in the Sports section.

Enough is enough.

Posted by: Mike at August 16, 2006 9:04 AM

Sells newspapers. My kids read teh sports pages too, but they aren't the target audience.

Posted by: Daryl Rosenblatt at August 16, 2006 9:36 AM

In fairness to the Post (never thought I'd write that), I think the stories have been showing up in the news section, not the sports section - at least the sex ones. Of course, when it's all over the front cover, it's still pretty hard to miss.

Posted by: Devin McCullen at August 16, 2006 10:11 AM

Have your son read the Wall St. Journal. No sex there!

Posted by: Steve at August 16, 2006 11:42 AM

I don't know Steve. The Jeffery Epstein details are far nastier than anything we've heard in LoDuca coverage. And it's headed to page 1 coverage if the FBI takes over.

Posted by: abe at August 16, 2006 12:24 PM

I guess the truth is starting to come about in regards to Lo Duca.

It seems like he's a real ass hat as a person assuming there is validity to what folks are writing about him.

Posted by: Jake at August 22, 2006 11:26 AM