August 25, 2006
POLITICS: Another GOP '08 Poll

For your Friday entertainment:

Posted by Baseball Crank at 8:33 AM | Politics 2008 | Comments (5) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

Remarkable how Rudy does well no matter how you slice and dice it.
RINOs like him, McCain supporters like him, everyone seems to like him.

I think we should get used to the idea of President Guliani (with VP Kyl if my dreams come true!)

Posted by: Portugal at August 26, 2006 1:35 PM

Rudy is way to Liberal for me. I think I could accept his as a VP, because Iagree he has tremendous name appeal. I still think Allen is the Conservative candidate that we could all get behind.

Posted by: maddirishman at August 26, 2006 6:34 PM

RE: Allen. After eight years of George W. Bush, I would not count on anyone getting behind another faux cowboy republican with lots of swagger and no ideas.

Posted by: patrick at August 26, 2006 10:02 PM

Crank - I thought about posting this poll at my blog but I decided against it because I don't trust the numbers. The reason I don't trust the numbers is because this poll allows someone to cast as many votes as they want. I tested this out by voting for Mitt Romney six times just by clicking Romney, voting and then hitting the back button, and then repeating.

If someone wanted to make one candidate look really good - it would take them about 1-2 hours to really skew the vote tally.

Posted by: chris at August 27, 2006 10:24 AM

Part of the reason Rudy polls better than McCain is that Rudy's always been a social liberal (except on crime, to be sure), while being conservative on economics and foreign policy/defense. McCain used to be a reliable righty, but he keeps moving left, on almost everything.

So McCain ends up looking like a phony, thus being less appealing to conservatives, even if John is still to the right of Rudy. I emphasize the word "if" here, since by 2008 McCain may be indistingushable from Hillary.

Posted by: John Salmon at August 27, 2006 8:56 PM