September 5, 2006
POLITICS: Hey, That's Not Funny!

Sid Blumenthal displays the characteristic humorless mindless partisanship of the professional Democrat consultant class.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 12:39 PM | Politics 2006 | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

You think the Bush presidential library will have any books in it?

Posted by: steve at September 5, 2006 12:47 PM

The problem is that we have lost our sense of humor. I don't like Rove, I think he is a newer, improved HR Haldeman, but that remark was clearly meant to be snide and funny. Both sides are way too partisan. Mike Blomberg represents what I think the middle 70% of the country really wants. A bright person, who knows how to manage, has no agenda, and is bribe proof.

Posted by: Daryl Rosenblatt at September 5, 2006 1:08 PM

Blumenthal also misses the obvious. Bush would rather see some bass fishermen on the river than his secret service detail. His aside about the submarine can easily be interpreted as a rueful poke at the security envelope he has to live with and the fact that he is the target, not the library.

Posted by: Henry at September 5, 2006 1:09 PM

I know its a different topic, but since it is under the categot of "politics", any thoughts/response to the Santorum/Casey debate on "Meet the Press"? Personally, I thought Russert did a good job posing difficult questions to both sides and then staying out of the way.

Posted by: Phanatic at September 5, 2006 2:05 PM

Please. Spare us.

Posted by: Mike at September 5, 2006 4:14 PM

Think about it instead of being stupid about it. Bush and the guide are looking at Bush's secret service detail when Bush makes the comment.

Who knows. Maybe I'm completely off base; but I wouldn't say my scenario is any more unlikely than Blumenthals. I'm not pretending I can read Bush's mind. I'm just pointing out that one can easily interpret the comment in more than one way.

Posted by: Henry at September 5, 2006 10:13 PM