January 9, 2007
POLITICS: Party Like It's 1993

Yes, the Democrats will revert to their old ways without missing a beat. The fools are those who thought otherwise.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 9:41 PM | Politics 2007 | Comments (8) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

[Groan]

Get back to us in a month, Crank. It's still early in the "100 Hours."

Posted by: Mr. Furious at January 10, 2007 10:12 AM

Any rational thinker would have expected nothing less. It is going to be a long two years. Hoefully the American people will see the light, but as I have said for many years "we have become a nation of sheep". We follow the loudest message, not the smartest and it is getting ready to bite us again.

Posted by: maddirishman at January 10, 2007 4:41 PM

This means legislation affecting a broad range of national policies is being written behind closed doors by a select few in the Speaker's inner-circle.

This is a quote from the link provided. Are you seriously saying that the current Dems will operate more secretively and unilaterally than either the current Admin (most classified documents and highest %age of those in history) or the Congressional/Senate GOPers of the past 4 years? Are you serious? Really? The GOP essentially did everything without debate, review or oversight and any attempt at getting in on the action was lambasted as being treasonous. You cannot be serious that after 4 years of operating as a one party system of government that you are complaining that the Dems are shutting you out. In the words of Jack Nicholson,"Please tell me you've got something more, Lieutenant. Please tell me there's an ace up your sleeve. These two marines are on trial for their lives. Please tell me their lawyer hasn't pinned their hopes to a phone bill."

Posted by: jim at January 10, 2007 4:55 PM

Let me be as clear as I can, Jim: on the issue of shutting out the House minority and writing stuff in secret, I'm not whining. I'm not saying I'm outraged. I'm just saying I'm not the least bit surprised that the Dems, after years of whining and acting outraged, have immediately returned to doing the very things they complained about.

Posted by: The Crank at January 10, 2007 5:01 PM

Both parties do this. The GOP did this exact same thing. Bush was the uniter, blah, blah, blah. Both parties bitch about the way things are then operate as they choose to when given the chance. You are surprised about this in what way? Anyway, after the way the GOP acted over 4 years they deserve to have their asses handed to them this way. It is a mandate you know.

Posted by: jim at January 10, 2007 5:56 PM

"It is a mandate you know." Well thanks for settling that. The GOP was pathetic, deserve every bit of abuse heaped on. Dems campaigned differently then they will govern. No shock there, and that was the point, no? I think DC's gonna be great. I want a Charlie Rangel reality show ASAP.

Posted by: abe at January 10, 2007 10:33 PM

That's the whole point of the "100 Hours." The Dems are going to steamroll some stuff through, and then open things up. Nobody's been pretending otherwise.

If in two months, they are still operating this way, you'll have a point. Now? Not so much.

Posted by: Mr. Furious at January 11, 2007 4:39 PM

Reid is trying to stop the House Dems attempt at ethics reform. Now Charlie is trying to halt the 100 hrs push: http://www.nypost.com/seven/01122007/news/nationalnews/rangel_rankled_by_fellow_dem_pelosi_nationalnews_geoff_earle______post_correspondent.htm . The Speaker has a tough row to hoe. I must reiterate my call, Rangel reality TV ASAP.

Posted by: abe at January 12, 2007 8:36 AM