February 7, 2007
POLITICS: The President Was Born In...

Enough serious 2008 talk for the moment - how well do you know your presidential candidates - announced and unannounced, major and minor, likely and ridiculous? See if you can match the candidates with their places of birth (Candidates and birthplaces organized alphabetically; note that there are two cities that gave birth to two candidates):

#CandidateLtrBirthplace
1Joe BidenABrooklyn NY
2Sam BrownbackBChicago IL (2)
3Wesley ClarkCCleveland OH
4Hillary ClintonDCoco Solo, Panama Canal Zone
5Chris DoddEDenver CO
6John EdwardsFDetroit MI
7Jim GilmoreGElroy WI
8Newt GingrichHHarrisburg PA
9Rudy GiulianiIHonolulu HI
10Mike GravelJHope AR
11Chuck HagelKNorth Platte NE
12Mike HuckabeeLParker KS
13Duncan HunterMPasadena CA
14Dennis KucinichNPeekskill NY
15John McCainOPittsburgh PA (2)
16Barack ObamaPRichmond VA
17George PatakiQRiverside CA
18Ron PaulRSeneca SC
19Bill RichardsonSSpringfield MA
20Mitt RomneyTWillimantic CT
21Tom TancredoUWilmington DE
22Tommy Thompson
23Tom Vilsack

Answers: 1-U, 2-L, 3-B, 4-B, 5-T, 6-R, 7-P, 8-H, 9-A, 10-S, 11-K, 12-J, 13-Q, 14-C, 15-D, 16-I, 17-N, 18-O, 19-M, 20-F, 21-E, 22-G, 23-O.

Note that I take at face value Kucinich's claim to have been born on Earth.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 9:06 AM | Politics 2008 | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

I think a reasonable case could be made for a couple of the names on this list being somewhere offworld.

Posted by: maddirishman at February 7, 2007 10:41 AM

Yeah, I was going to say that Kucinich was born on Venus (the planet women are from).

Posted by: rbj at February 7, 2007 12:49 PM

And I'm confused too. I see Gingrich on there, but "Nuremberg" isn't one of the choices.

And how can Hillary be on the list, without "9th Plane of Hell" in the right-hand column?

Posted by: Mike at February 7, 2007 12:51 PM

Who'da thought Newt was born North of the Mason Dixon...other than that no real surprises. Look for Edwards to claim his SC heritage once again for that early primary. Didn't know Obama was born in HI but not surprised -- any chance someone will try to DQ him as being born outside the country (perhaps HI documentation is not tight) and not eligible for Presidency -- I know his father is Kenyan. Just a thought.

Posted by: PatrickG at February 7, 2007 1:05 PM

Wow, I got 16 of 'em without looking anything up. If this is supposed to be a list of all possible candidates, how come a certain person born, I think, in Birmingham, AL is not on the list? I'm still looking for Cheney to resign with the Secretary of State becoming VP and then running for the top job.

Posted by: Jimbo at February 7, 2007 5:39 PM

Most were pretty easy. Got Richardson, Gravel and Paul wrong.

I only knew Vilsack was born in Pittsburgh because of a story a couple weeks ago about him being left for adoption and a nun recently wrote him saying the records are available. Apparently his adoptive parents told him the records were destroyed in a fire.

Posted by: largebill at February 7, 2007 7:31 PM