March 7, 2007
BASEBALL: Buy The Book!

It's the Hardball Times 2007 Season Preview - and yours truly authored the team comment on the Mets. As you can see from THT's list, I'm in illustrious company. The book also has projections and other stuff I haven't had a chance to digest myself. You can buy it in book form or downloadable 184-page PDF.

This is the first time I've directly contributed content to a published book - I was part of armies of researchers on a few legal directories the summer after college and on Lawrence Tribe's Con Law treatise, and I co-edit a chapter pocket part these days in a commercial litigation treatise, but it's not the same thing.

FYI, I'm hoping to start rolling out my preseason previews fairly soon, time permitting.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 12:01 PM | Baseball 2007 | Comments (5) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

Heh, cool Crank congrats! Hope you get a cut. :)

Posted by: Dwilkers at March 7, 2007 12:17 PM

I got a free PDF. Next year, I'm holding out for a hard copy.

Posted by: The Crank at March 7, 2007 12:23 PM

Crank, I know you are most concerned with the Mets, but do you have any thoughts on what the Giants can do with their current group of aged semi-retirees? Each year they sign players up that make me think that I still can have a career in MLB. The starting pitching staff is relatively young, but I don't see good relief. I'm sure you NY guys laugh every day at our continuing travails with Armando Benitez.

Posted by: NRA Life Member at March 7, 2007 12:55 PM

Congratulations, Crank. That's great.

Posted by: Mike at March 7, 2007 2:50 PM

Burgos just gave up a bottom of the 9th Grand Jack to the tough to get out Ed Rogers. 9-5 Sox. Looks like you found someone to replace Jorge Julio. I imagine the irishman has seen his share of this.

Posted by: jim at March 7, 2007 5:50 PM