October 18, 2007
POLITICS: Breaking New Ground

Whenever you think unhinged political rhetoric has reached its lowest possible point in this country, Fortney "Pete" Stark (D-CA, of course) manages to burrow to a new low, this time in debating the SCHIP bill:

Posted by Baseball Crank at 12:31 PM | Politics 2007 | Comments (17) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

No more, or less, outrageous, than the drivel dished out every day by O'Reilly, Coulter, Rush, Hannity et al.

Posted by: steve at October 18, 2007 2:50 PM

steve,
O'Reilly, Coulter, Rush, Hannity, et al are paid (big money) to confuse the rubes.

Posted by: Robert at October 18, 2007 3:32 PM

Grow up, that was Mike on tape, and jim wrote the speech.

No diff between the floor and the airwaves?

Booby, all they confuse is you.

Posted by: abe at October 18, 2007 3:38 PM

Amazing how leftists ALWAYS change the subject.

Posted by: paul zummo at October 18, 2007 4:10 PM

"No more, or less, outrageous, than the drivel dished out every day by O'Reilly, Coulter, Rush, Hannity"

Thank you for admitting that the caliber of individual typically submitted for election by the Democratic party is on par with cheap, partisan talk-show hosts.

Another glorious accomplishment by our "progressive" party.

Of course, the other party isn't much of an improvment, if any.

Posted by: Jon Black at October 18, 2007 8:11 PM

This isn't new for him. And, he's been in office for 30+ years.

"I didn't realize that O"Reilly, Coulter, and Rush are all members of the US Congress."
Crank's comments up top is about unhinged political rhetoric - these people are included in that. This isn't a change in the subject.

Posted by: Dave at October 18, 2007 9:30 PM

Yeah, this is hardly Stark's first try picking fruit off the crazy tree.

I'd also say that you would work long and hard to come up with anything Limbaugh has said - or O'Reilly - that is quite as extreme as accusing the President of the United States of wanting soldiers killed for his own amusement. (Coulter is in something of a class by herself; she's not crazier than Pete Stark, but she's at least as crazy, and thankfully is not an elected official).

Posted by: The Crank at October 18, 2007 9:42 PM

"Coulter is in something of a class by herself; she's not crazier than Pete Stark, but she's at least as crazy, and thankfully is not an elected official"

She is selling books, pimping herself much like OJ attempted in "I Did It" or whatever his book was titled.

Posted by: a at October 19, 2007 8:53 AM

abe,

With the money I got from writing that speech I took your mother out for a nice seafood dinner. Needless to say, I did not call her back. You should check with Mike to see if he did.

Posted by: jim at October 19, 2007 10:40 AM

The faux outrage from the Right about this is hilarious.
Am I to believe the same people who faint when they hear a speech like this will protect me from terrorists who want to behead me?
I don't think so.

Posted by: Robert at October 19, 2007 7:42 PM

Toughen up,pussies.Your tears are somewhat reptilian coming from the same side of the aisle that brought us Purple Heart bandages and Max Cleland smears.

Posted by: AnonE.Mouse at October 20, 2007 9:59 AM

Every comment from the lefties fulfill's Zummo's prediction above.

All excesses/improprieties/felonies by Dems are defended by saying, "Bush is worse!" Or Coulter, Limbaugh, etc.

It's kindergarten stuff.

Posted by: John Salmon at October 20, 2007 3:23 PM

John Salmon,please point me to the "Bush is worse!" comment you quote.Right,I didn't think so.
The only thing kindergarten worthy is your reading comprehension,Jethro.The point you don't seem to get is that,when the bar gets set as low as it has,thanks in large part to the howling monkeys of the political right,don't go reaching for the smelling salts when the other side wants to limbo with you.
Pussies.

Posted by: AnonE.Mouse at October 20, 2007 3:49 PM

Jethro? Pussies?

Posted by: abe at October 21, 2007 10:36 AM

Or,to paraphrase abe,"huh?sniff."

Posted by: AnonE.Mouse at October 21, 2007 9:46 PM

Hey, fuck you there, baseball crank. Stark is ten times the man that Rush "Oxycontin Blues" Limbaugh is, and I suspect you know it.

Posted by: Ed Delahanty at October 26, 2007 1:23 PM

Ed,I don't think you can say "fuck" here.And don't ever,I mean never,call abe a pussy.Because he's a baaaad ass pussy.Check out the 'Rox em Sox em' thread,where the pussy does his imitation of Monty Python's Black Knight.Makes you feel sorry for the pussy's keyboard.Between the pussy's frantic pounding and the pussy's frothing,the pussy's keyboard must be a fucking-I mean heckuva-mess.

Posted by: AnonE.Mouse at October 26, 2007 5:47 PM