March 10, 2008
POLITICS: Spitzer Nailed

I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

UPDATE: Really the wrong week.

SECOND UPDATE: File this under "counting one's chickens before they are hatched."

THIRD UPDATE: Public Official A, meet Client-9. Deval Patrick's just happy to have his guy out of the headlines.

I wish I had thought to call this "Spitzmas."

Background on Spitzer's Lieutenant Gov.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 2:26 PM | Politics 2008 | Comments (16) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

Nailed like Vitter.

Posted by: AstrosFan at March 10, 2008 2:48 PM

Nailed like Vitter.

Posted by: AstrosFan at March 10, 2008 2:48 PM

These things happen, bad timing for Spitzer as the Bruno cloud seemed to be lifting. Of greater interest, the "high end" business model. What services do these women provide that justifies 5g an hour? Good time to be David Patterson, decent shot he's getting a promotion.

Posted by: abe at March 10, 2008 2:51 PM

You'll be hearing a lot about David Patterson over the next few days.

Posted by: steve at March 10, 2008 2:59 PM

Let's see, a sex scandal involving the holier-than-thou Spitzer, and race-baiting Sharpton turning on the Democrats alleging discrimination in the Florida vote. 'Fess up Crank, you found a lamp, didn't you, and, according to the Genie, you still get one more wish.

Posted by: wd at March 10, 2008 3:11 PM

What's really fun is watching the media lemmings turn away from Spitzer in perfect unison.

Posted by: spongeworthy at March 10, 2008 3:43 PM

I guess this is not entirely unforseeable, since whether you like him or not, one of Spitzer's defining characteristics (like Rudy's) is his arrogance. It will be interesting to see if he can marshall enough support to survive - my guess, given his unrelated-to-this unpopularity, is no.

I'm sure Hillary isn't relishing being asked her opinion on the matter.

Posted by: Jerry at March 10, 2008 6:30 PM

What's shocking is that some in the media are trying to defend him. He obviously knew that it was wrong because he was sneaking around doing it. Don't people understand that everyone has to make sacrifices in life? There's lots of things I want to do but because of my job and family, I can't do. Politicians are the same. You can either frequent prostitutes or be the governor, you can't do both. Is that so hard to figure out?

Posted by: Tom at March 10, 2008 6:35 PM

Tom, I don't think politicians are accustomed to thinking theres *anything* they can't do.

Posted by: Joel B. at March 10, 2008 7:07 PM

Abe, connecting David Patterson with the phrase: decent shot? Oh, a low blow. But a good one.

Posted by: Daryl Rosenblatt at March 10, 2008 9:57 PM

Dave Paterson will really know he's made IT when people learn to spell his name. Maybe tomorrow but obviously not tonight.

Posted by: largebill at March 10, 2008 10:35 PM

Can't say I'll be shedding tears for Spitzer. I tend not to like so-called do-gooders, from either party.

And if, and when, they get caught doing the sort of thing for which they attempt to ruin others' lives . . . well, you really can't give the enough rope at that point.

Posted by: Mike at March 11, 2008 7:13 AM

WFAN has been trying to come up with a name for Eli's Escape (which is what it should be called), so how about we come up with this one? Like, oh, I dunno, Love Potion No. 9, or something.

Posted by: Daryl Rosenblatt at March 11, 2008 9:55 AM

At first I thought this was unbelievable. Then I realized I had absolutely no trouble believing it.

What an idiot.

tar and feather him.

Posted by: Zufall at March 11, 2008 10:18 AM

Well well well. How nice it is to visit these sites after the worm has turned. Back a few years when Spitzer was riding his white horse and attacking Pro-life crisis pregnancy centers no one would have predicted he would have to resign in shame. Especially after falling into his own trap of organized Crime running the prostitution rings in NY. A better script could not have been written. Who gets the movie rights if he goes to jail?

Posted by: Servant at March 12, 2008 6:37 PM

The REAL fun begins when they ID clients 1 thru 8!

Posted by: Robert in BA at March 12, 2008 8:05 PM