April 8, 2008
BASEBALL: Like Old Times

RandolphBullpen.jpg

It's just so wonderful to see Scott Schoenweis and Jorge Sosa again.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 4:11 PM | Baseball 2008 | Comments (9) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

And I have Oliver Perez on my fantasy team this week, too......[sigh]

Posted by: RW at April 8, 2008 4:28 PM

I can't see this Mets' team, with its age and lack of bats (beyond Wright/Reyes/Beltran) winning anything.

Posted by: John Salmon at April 8, 2008 4:35 PM

Could we maybe let Perez give up a single run before pulling him prior to the 7th inning? Fercrissakes.

Posted by: A.S. at April 8, 2008 5:26 PM

You guys may be just a year or two behind the Giants in decrepitude (is that a word??). Seriously, calm down, it's April. There's going to be holes, but a good GM fills them.

For instance, given their inability to win this year, I expect the Giants may deal one of their young pitchers (Noah Lowry is a possibility) for some position players/good prospects. I don't promise Martinez in his prime, but you'll like what you get, unless you take Zito, in which case your GM is even dumber than my GM.

Posted by: NRA Life Member at April 8, 2008 5:40 PM

I can't see this Mets' team, with its age and lack of bats

Rolls eyes.

Ah yes, the old aged meme again. Never mind that four of the five starters are below the age of thirty, as is most of the pen, and well, half of the starting lineup. It's an old team - at least that's what John Kruk says on ESPN, and he's got the goods.

Posted by: crankycon at April 8, 2008 10:52 PM

Count yourselves blessed. You're not Tiger fans.

/sobs

Posted by: Joel B. at April 9, 2008 2:51 AM

Met bullpen has been a horror show. Not just the Show & Sosa either.

Meanwhile, other than Reyes & Castillo, all the bats have been good.

Posted by: Mike at April 9, 2008 6:49 AM

Heilman was terrible too, but in his case I don't blame Omar for his presence or Willie for using him.

Posted by: The Crank at April 9, 2008 9:22 AM

Love the poster, hate the incompetence.

Besides David Wright, this is a bunch of head cases in the lineup. Not old, just head cases.

Posted by: Attila (Pillage Idiot) at April 9, 2008 3:03 PM