July 24, 2008
POLITICS: Can't We Change The Channel?

This is hilarious. It is simply impossible to overstate the importance of Fox News in the minds of the left. (Paul Krugman writes about its vast influence all the time at that little community newsletter he writes for.) I mean, the man has the three major broadcast networks' anchors following him around, but as long as there's one channel left, it's never enough.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 7:40 PM | Politics 2008 | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

I find it funny how fox decided to make a big deal about how the media is following Obama around on this little tour.

I kept saying to myself, good for fox for not being one of them and going there. It turns out, they were not invited! That is why they are so angry he is getting so much press and they cant get a bite.

Fox, you better hope Obama doesnt win this. LOL

Posted by: Zona at July 24, 2008 10:40 PM

Actually, I would think the two entities who want Obama to win would be Fox and Limbaugh. It's Sharpton and Jackson who don't want him to win.

Posted by: Daryl Rosenblatt at July 24, 2008 10:49 PM

Daryl - That'd be true except that Sharpton & Jackson - for whom Obama's rise this far is already hugely problematic - aren't threatened with a revival of the "Fairness Doctrine" aimed at squeezing them off the air if Obama wins.

Posted by: The Crank at July 24, 2008 10:52 PM

Zona:

Interesting point you made about FOX not being invited. I have not read nor heard about that anywhere. I would like to know your source of information.

Equally interesting is that the major networks and print media outlets have basically admitted they are giving Obama more air time and print coverage because they find him to be far more interesting and newsworthy. Go back four years, and you'll find that the media was doing the same thing to GWB and helping Kerry all they could. In the end, it backfired on Kerry with independent voters.

Will this happen again in Nov. '08?

Posted by: CaptainKirk at July 26, 2008 12:57 AM

I quote Zona, "As far as Fox only being shown to the troops. they are allowed a crappy station or fox. They cant win either way.

Here is a thought, allow the troops the choice of MSNBC or CNN and yes even fox. See who they pick then. Especially now after Obama's last trip. "

After watching the video clip in the link, I get the general impression that the troops are given the option of CNN (didn't hear MSNBC mentioned), and that they have chosen Fox. So, the troops are definitely given a choice between Fox and CNN. They choose Fox, so I can't see what kind of valid point is to be made in Zona's comment.

Just to provide some mildly humorous contrast, I spent a few hours in an Emergency Room a bit back. No Fox, no CNN or MSNBC. It was Lifetime, and it was on loud. I'd have preferred silence and a good book to read.

Posted by: NRA Life Member at July 26, 2008 11:20 AM