October 16, 2008
BASEBALL: Grumble, Grumble, Congratulations, Grumble, Grumble

If you were wondering, no, I didn't have the heart to watch the Phillies wrap up the pennant last night.

Boy, this has been a fun last five weeks, hasn't it?

Posted by Baseball Crank at 9:47 AM | Baseball 2008 | Comments (10) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

Wait, is this a post about baseball? I didn't know you talked about baseball on this website?

Posted by: Mulledy4C at October 16, 2008 2:22 PM

Touche

Posted by: Crank at October 16, 2008 2:26 PM

I have a very good friend who lives in Philadelphia and is a Phillies fan. He has invited me, a lifelong Mets fan, to join him and support the Phillies in the World Series. His angle is that we should join together and support the NL against the AL.

Now, I have no allegiance to the Rays, although I have some love for the Sox as I went to school in Boston. But I am clearly an NL fan first. Ideally I'd support the NL team. But come on, it's the Phillies. What am I to do? Abandon my friend? Despite his Philadelphia ties, he did root along side me for the NY Giants in Jan/Feb. Do I ignore the World Series? All options seem too painful.

Posted by: CT Ron at October 16, 2008 3:39 PM

Thanks for the space, Crank. No matter how hard this may for you , we appreciate and heartily accept your begrumbed well wishes.

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Posted by: Phils57 at October 16, 2008 3:51 PM

This will be the only opportunity for me to be happy about Kazmir for Zambrano.

Posted by: Greg Schreiber at October 16, 2008 7:49 PM

You just had to bring that up again, did you?

Posted by: Crank at October 16, 2008 7:56 PM

Ron - of course you root for the Phillies. How can you root for any team that plays with a DH? Bleeping upstart league with their newfangled "rules". Bah, humbug.

Posted by: phwest at October 17, 2008 9:49 AM

Golly gee whiz, we Phillies fans have had to watch the Mets win world series and we have to keep trading away top talent or not drafting or losing to free agency...it is soooooooooooooo pleasurable to see the mets CHOKECHOKECHOKECHOKE!

Posted by: Stephen Lawrence at October 18, 2008 7:21 PM