January 9, 2009
POLITICS: Poe v Palin

Gov. Palin draws a challenger. I'm sure he'll have basically a license to print money in national fundraising from left-wing blogs (assuming he's the Democratic nominee).

Posted by Baseball Crank at 6:50 PM | Politics 2009 • | Politics 2010 | Comments (10) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

I can't imagine Palin is going to lose that election. It shouldn't even be close.

Posted by: MVH at January 9, 2009 6:57 PM

Stranger things have happened, although I suspect it has more to do with muddying Palin up than taking the Governor's mansion.

Posted by: dave at January 10, 2009 1:23 PM

And Palin will have churches all over the South passing the collection plate for her crusade...

Posted by: AstrosFan at January 10, 2009 2:08 PM

Money is going to flood into Sarah's 2010 campaign.

Bet on it!

$10K from me alone, and I don't care how many aliases I need to get it there. I'll cross the border in cold and dark with a dogsled team to get the gold in for the Cuda to win by 20% instead of a measly 5%.

Posted by: Tom at January 10, 2009 3:55 PM

Is it just me or is the nickname "Cuda" for Palin close to causing the gag reflex to go off. Sorry, that's plain foul.

Posted by: jim at January 10, 2009 6:47 PM

I hope Princess Sarah crushes whoever runs against her and is the front-runner for the GOP nod in 2012. Aside from the unintentional comedy (H/T Sportsguy) of her actually having to face questions, she is such a pathetic joke it wil be reelection insurance for Obama.

Posted by: Magrooder at January 10, 2009 10:24 PM

Yes such a pathetic joke- the most popular sitting governor in the US who has actual governing experience and a history of cutting spending, cutting taxes and taking on special interests as oppossed to incoming President Empty Suit.

I am a little confused when did President Empty Suit actually get asked a tough question during the campaign? Its always funny how lefty drones never notice that every 4 years the media portrays one of the Republicans on the national ticket as stupid and every Democratic presidential candidate as a genius.

BTW Magrooder- President Empty Suit, as predicted by myself and Crank, is now beginning to hem and haw about closing down Gitmo. See according to him, sounding very much like the evil Bush, the issues are very difficult and it might take some time to balance legal issues with national security issues. Gee, didn't see that coming-oh wait we did. Its almost like Empty Suit was just BSing lefty simpeltons. Of course this is the same guy that decried "illegal wiretapping" for months and then voted for it.

Posted by: dch at January 11, 2009 4:10 PM

dch,

How do you spell S-O-R-E-L-O-S-E-R?

Since the bottom has fallen out of the oil market (at least temporarily) and Princess Sarah had the foresight to tie state revenues to the price of oil, let's see how popular she is once Alaskans have to write checks instead of depositing them? Gee, if you send people money only because you happen to be sitting in the governor's chair, it must be really tough to be popular.

Obama has not even been sworn in yet; wiat and see what he does. I'm quite confident you and the other wing nuts will be satisfactorily outraged. It is what you do best.

Posted by: Magrooder at January 11, 2009 5:19 PM

Who gives a crap about Palin? It's fargin Alaska, for crying out loud.

However, where can I get one of those licenses to print money?

Posted by: Zufall at January 11, 2009 8:31 PM

Poe is a no go;he confuses what Palin actually said:"i can see
Russia from Alaska;to SNL skit of seeing Russia from my house.
He is not mentally acute enough to know this simple fact,why give him keys to the state?
Poe in actuality,is probably trying to use those scewed words
purpsefully; knowing they're bull crap;to prejudice
some voters negatively towards Palin,to win
with a sleazy campaign.