April 30, 2009
LAW: Not Precisely An Excuse

This is certainly an entertainingly straightforward case for avoiding jury duty, but not the most persuasive one. Well, until you consider whether you'd want this guy on your jury.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 4:54 PM | Law 2009-13 | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

I've been excused for having a bad attitude, but it was always about the case, not serving in itself. One side or the other thought I might be predjudiced (imagine that). This guy's cynicism is refreshingly basic. I don't think he was making it up.

Posted by: NRA Life Member at April 30, 2009 7:15 PM

My complaint is not about being on jury duty but it with the system run by the jury duty people, judges, and lawyers. I am willing to serve on a jury but I hate to treated with such disrespect by "the system". Every time I get called for jury duty it is a constant source of dealing with a system that just doesn't care about the public.

So I can see where this guy is coming from.

Posted by: Lee at April 30, 2009 8:19 PM

The real question is what was the judges response. I think I would have made him come in. Yes, the system is crap, but it is part of our government system and if you don't like it then work for change in the system.

Posted by: maddirishman at May 1, 2009 2:42 AM

Based on the guy's note he should have been on Michael Vick's jury. He sounds like a real dog lover.

Posted by: largebill at May 1, 2009 10:04 AM

This guy is crazy. The system would go to hell if everyone else thought like him. Why is he not be labled an anti-american? Because that really is an accurate description.

Posted by: steve at May 1, 2009 12:20 PM

Hi, interesting post. I have been pondering this issue,so thanks for sharing. I will certainly be coming back to your posts.

Posted by: How I Lost Thirty Pounds in Thirty Days at May 3, 2009 4:28 PM