August 26, 2009
BLOG: Prime Time

Thanks to TNL's relationship with the CBS News site, my health care costs piece ran here.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 4:26 PM | Blog 2006-13 | Comments (14) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

Congrats Crank. I do wish (not surprisingly) that some of my criticisms had changed it, but Congrats anyhow.

Posted by: Dave at August 26, 2009 6:39 PM

Cool. You know what was also cool? When a few weeks ago I think it was.. malkin? linked to you-it was like all the regulars here got in the spotlight also.

Posted by: dch at August 26, 2009 8:12 PM

That was Hot Air. Malkin linked to the Ted K piece today, but unlike Hot Air she seems to send a lot of traffic but not a lot of commenters.

Dave, this was sent to them the same time I posted here and at RS & TNL, so even if I'd wanted to, I could not have changed it.

Posted by: Crank at August 26, 2009 8:17 PM

Welcome to the liberal media :)

Posted by: Jerry at August 26, 2009 8:17 PM

Great. Wider distribution of misinformation and lackluster reasoning. Just what we need.

What's next? Live streaming on Palin's facebook page?

Posted by: Magrooder at August 26, 2009 11:12 PM

BTW-Crank did you see the article yesterday that, I believe , the CBO, has determined at a minimum Obumblers health care " reform" creates a 65 billion per year budget short fall.

Oh but that is misinformation. Becasue as we all know massive social spending works, the 40 year War on poverty has been a great success, social programs do not experience out of control budget growth and they do not create incentives for the participants to maintain a welfare mentality.

I so wish the mid terms were this year.

Posted by: dch at August 27, 2009 9:21 AM

BTW-Crank did you see the article today from Krugman quoting the Tax Policy Center that, I believe, determined at a minimum Bush's tax cuts for the richest of the rich cost the US $2 Trillion in revenue and the War in Iraq another $700 billion?

Oh but that is misinformation. Because as we all know massive tax cuts for the rich work, the 30 year War on American citizens has been a great success, these kind of tax cuts don't create out of control budget deficits and they do not create incentives for the participants to ask for the only thing they really want-more.

I so wish people like dch had a clue as to what was really going on.

Posted by: Berto at August 27, 2009 11:29 AM

My apologies tio dch. I'm sure he knows exactly who's water he carries in the fight against American citizens.

Posted by: Berto at August 27, 2009 11:30 AM

Hate to exacerbate the thread jack, but when the US government cuts taxes, this doesn't "cost" the Treasury anything. It's not the Treasury's money. It's the citizens' money.

What is the 30 years war on American citizens to which you are referring? I'm just curious. If you ask me the feds have been waging war on us for nearly 100 years. We probably have totally different things in mind.

Posted by: per14 at August 27, 2009 1:46 PM

Berto, I know you're just trying to get a rise out of people, but... come on. First of all, Bush's tax cuts were progressive - the poor and middle class got a much larger percentage of their income back than did the rich. This "tax cut for the rich" myth has been perpetrated by the left wing media because it helps them explain away how we got out of the 2000-2001 recession.

Second, even if the tax cuts produced NO extra economic output, the cost would still be under $2 Trillion since the tax cuts only will last for 8 (9?) years, at under $200 Billion per. But we know for a fact that we got much of that money back in added economic output, which creates more taxable income. Most studies put it at somewhere between 50-80% of the money back. So you're talking about a total cost on the order of $200-$300 Billion, in exchange for a much stronger economy for several years. Obama just spent well over $1 Trillion (when you include interest payments) on a "stimulus" that made the economy WORSE. I'll take Bush's tax cuts any day.

Krugman has long been a Democratic Party hack. Bush could have left us with 0% non-structural unemployment, 20% annual GDP growth and a $2 Trillion annual budget surplus, all while ending the Middle East crisis, and Krugman still would have called him the worst president in history. And Obama can continue giving us $2 Trillion budget deficits the rest of his time as President (looks like we'll be lucky if that's as bad as it gets) and Krugman will call him the greatest president ever. Krugman long ago left the world of the sane.

Posted by: Jeff at August 27, 2009 3:50 PM

Jeff,
Thanks for straightening me out. Why I didn't listen to economic experts like you and Rush Limbaugh and instead listened to the Nobel Prize Winner for Economics ito begin with is beyond me.
I especially love this line:
"Bush could have left us with 0% non-structural unemployment, 20% annual GDP growth and a $2 Trillion annual budget surplus, all while ending the Middle East crisis, and Krugman still would have called him the worst president in history."

So instead Bush left us with a world financial crisis and two unwinnable wars with no end in sight, with costs over-runs close to a trillion dollars. And still that hack Krugman won't say he's the best President evah!

Posted by: Berto at August 28, 2009 1:05 PM

Indeed, Berto, even you sell your blue ribbon pony short. Please do not forget to mention Krugman's Enron affiliations.

Posted by: dave at August 28, 2009 8:20 PM

"cost over-runs close to a trillion dollars"
And not a word about those financial deficits from the Crank crowd.
If one was paying attention it would seem that they aren't really afraid of deficits, they're afraid the poor and minorities might get access to healthcare.
The good news for conservatives? They don't pay attention.

Posted by: Berto at August 28, 2009 10:59 PM

Good luck locating a more persistently dishonest pundit anywhere than Krugman. He's too accomplished an economist to claim ignorance for all the things he gets wrong.

Posted by: Crank at September 1, 2009 7:58 PM