August 28, 2009
POLITICS: Respect For The Dead

Despite my best efforts to find something positive to say about Ted Kennedy, CBS tabs me as an example of speaking ill of the dead. Well, at least I was concise. Well, the worst sort of disrespect one can imagine is finding humor in the death of someone you killed.

Caleb Howe has some related thoughts, which as usual are extensively documented.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 3:12 PM | Politics 2009 | Comments (10) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

They giveth and they taketh away. That is what happens when you roll-out a hit piece before the body is cold.
Kennedy had a ton of problems, I don't condone them but I could understand them.

Posted by: javaman at August 28, 2009 4:03 PM

A hit piece? Crank's post was mainly complimentary, but mentioned the negative aspects of Kennedy's life that really can't be overlooked unless you're trying to paint the guy as a saint. One paragraph of caveats, 5 paragraphs of compliments.

Posted by: Joel in Seattle at August 28, 2009 6:53 PM

Considering all the negative things that a person could say about Kennedy-you were remarkably subdued.

Posted by: dch at August 28, 2009 7:00 PM

Hit piece is exactly what Crank's reliable audience expected and got. Like Teddy, Crank is an icon with quotas to fill. Oh the pressures of living up to the vast right wing conspiracy and pretending to care what independent thinkers have to say. It's enough to put you off your bloody rare sirloin and pitcher of martinis.

Posted by: splinter at August 28, 2009 9:27 PM

The usual fact filled unemotional well reasoned lefty thought process on display. "Independent thinkers"-ROTFLMAO

Posted by: dch at August 28, 2009 10:21 PM

When I saw this post's headline "Respect for the Dead," I thought it might be about the Mets. Then again, if I was Mets fan, I couldn't bring myself to post about them either.

Posted by: MVH at August 29, 2009 9:02 AM

I'm sure that CBS will write Byrd's obituary with only a brief mention of his membership in a rural fraternity. Even OJ wouldn't forgive Chappaquidick.

Posted by: Greg Schreiber at August 29, 2009 10:16 AM

The worst thing ever..ever said about the Democratic party, said by O'bumbler today:"Ted Kennedy was the soul of the Democratic Party"-these people are simply parody proof.

Posted by: dch at August 29, 2009 5:43 PM

BTW, NPR - critical member of the vast right wing conspiracy that it is - ran a commentary on Kennedy during the funeral today that was almost identical in both tone and content (minus the expression of ideological disagreement) to what Crank posted here.

Posted by: Joel in Seattle at August 30, 2009 12:19 AM

You know, Crank, if you can't stand the heat, . . .

Posted by: Magrooder at August 31, 2009 11:25 PM