October 7, 2011
BASEBALL: Click The Link

I cannot do this justice with words. Just click the link. But consider yourself warned that I am not responsible for what you will see.

Posted by Baseball Crank at 10:02 AM | Baseball 2011 | Comments (10) | TrackBack (0)
Comments

It reminds me of a few album covers from the psychedelic era, with cheesiness (fishiness?)substituted for artisitic/chemical inspiration.

Posted by: stevebogus at October 7, 2011 10:51 AM

Crank,

I didn't heed your warning, and now I am permanently scarred. I can understand some cheesy artist designing it, but I can't understand a MLB team actually choosing it for their ballpark. Someone should be fired. Unless the fan base is my 8-month-old daughter, no one is going to find that appealing.

My first 2 thoughts, apart from the psychedelic era, were:

(1) a graphic from a Monty Python movie

(2) the ending picture from Sesame Street's pinball counting song:

at 1:03.

Posted by: MVH at October 7, 2011 11:22 AM

Sound like the Ozzie Guillan show is in full swing already.

Posted by: maddirishman at October 7, 2011 12:46 PM

Eh. In time, it will be as beloved in Miami as the Mets' Apple is in NY. Or, would be as beloved, if Miami were a baseball town, which it isn't.

Posted by: A.S. at October 7, 2011 2:13 PM

Good comparison MVH. I hadn't thought of the Sesame Street pinball. On the other hand, it made me think of Montgomery Burns' casino from the $pringfield episode of "The Simpsons."

Posted by: Mark D at October 7, 2011 2:27 PM

Classic!

Posted by: MVH at October 7, 2011 2:48 PM

There is only one word that came to mind -- contraction.

Posted by: Magrooder at October 7, 2011 9:18 PM

hey crank, any post coming on the Democrat mayors ordering beatdowns of occupy protestors, the occupy protestors being a mix of good intentions with bad execution, the occupy protestors raping women or shouting anti-semitic chants, or other occupy shenanigans? I like the idea fo breaking up the too big to fail banks and winding down assets/writing down debt, but the messangers are hurting the message.

Posted by: SOBL at October 20, 2011 10:17 AM

That's way more clveer than I was expecting. Thanks!

Posted by: Easter at October 23, 2011 8:38 AM