A contest reveals the most unbelievable warnings that have been placed on products to protect against lawsuits by people with no brains and less common sense. The winners:
1. “[A] bottle of drain cleaner which says: ‘If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.'”
2. A “label on a snow sled which says: ‘Beware: sled may develop high speed under certain snow conditions.'”
3. “[A] 12-inch-high storage rack for compact disks which warns: ‘Do not use as a ladder.'”
4. “A five-inch fishing lure which sports three steel hooks and cautions users that it is, ‘Harmful if swallowed,’ . . . ” (The link has a picture of the lure).
5. “[A] smoke detector which warns: ‘Do not use the Silence Feature in emergency situations. It will not extinguish a fire,’ . . . “
(I know I found this through Pejman, but I couldn’t trace back the link).